Abouharb, M. Rodwan, Laura Moyer, and Megan Schmidt. 2013. “De Facto Judicial Independence and Physical Integrity Rights.” Journal of Human Rights. 12: 367–396. Economists, political scientists, and legal scholars have argued that independent judiciaries have an important role to play in promoting economic development and protecting property rights. We argue that judicial independence can also […]Read More →
- Abouharb, M. R.; Cingranelli, David; Filippov, Mikhail. 2019. “Too Many Cooks: Multiple International Principals Can Spoil the Quality of Governance.” Social Sciences. 8:5 139.
- Abouharb, M. Rodwan; Duchesne, Erick. 2019. “Economic Development and the World Bank.” Social Sciences. 8:5: 156.
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Strategic Shift to Forced Disappearance
- Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?
- The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade
- Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up?
- Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?
- Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones
access to information anticorruption civil conflict conflict management conflict zones democratic rights Determinants due process economic and social rights economic development economic growth evenhandedness extra judicial killing forced disappearance GATT governance Human Rights ICCPR IMF Programs infant mortality rates institutions international conflict International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights international organizations international trade interstate conflict judicial independence multiple principals norms physical integrity rights policy anchoring political imprisonment protests quality of governance rebellion repression riots strategic response Structural Adjustment third party interventions torture workers rights World Bank Programs WTO