Abouharb, M. Rodwan and Susan Aaronson. 2015. “The Liberal Illusion is not a Complete Delusion: The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade.” Global Economy Journal. 15(4): 455–484. We use both qualitative and quantitative tools to examine whether membership in the WTO reduces the likelihood of conflict. In our qualitative […]Read More →
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Strategic Shift to Forced Disappearance
- Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?
- The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade
- Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up?
- Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?
- Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones
- De Facto Judicial Independence and Physical Integrity Rights
- The Paradox of the WTO: Development, Good Governance and Human Rights
access to information anticorruption civil conflict conflict management conflict zones democratic rights Determinants due process economic and social rights economic development evenhandedness extra judicial killing forced disappearance GATT governance Human Rights ICCPR IMF Programs infant mortality rates institutions international conflict International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights international trade interstate conflict judicial independence norms physical integrity rights policy anchoring political imprisonment protests rebellion repression riots strategic response Structural Adjustment third party interventions torture workers rights World Bank Programs WTO