Abouharb, M. Rodwan, and David Cingranelli. 2004. “Human Rights and Structural Adjustment: The Importance of Selection,” in Sabine C. Carey and Steven C. Poe (eds.) Understanding Human Rights Violations: New Systematic Studies. Ashgate Publishing: Aldershot, England. Pp 127-146. The World Bank along with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) play a crucial role in determining how […]
Regan, Patrick M. and M. Rodwan Abouharb. 2002. “Interventions and Civil Conflicts: Tools of Conflict Management or Simply Another Participant?” World Affairs 165:1 42-54. The end of the Cold War has brought with it an increased attention to managing internal conflicts. The UN alone has seen a multifold increase in the number of peacekeeping operations, […]
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Strategic Shift to Forced Disappearance
- Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?
- The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade
- Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up?
- Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?
- Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones