Abouharb, M. Rodwan, David Cingranelli, and Mikahil Fillipov. 2015. “Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?” In LaDawn Haglund and Robin Stryker (Eds) Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights: Emerging Possibilities for Social Transformation. University of California Press. Pp 29-47. International rules and norms can affect policy choices by politicians to […]Read More →
Abouharb, M. Rodwan, and Susan Aaronson. 2014. “Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up.” In Jean-Bernard Auby, Emmanuel Breen and Thomas Perroud (Eds) Corruption and Conflicts of Interest: Comparative Law Insights. Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire: England. Pp 183-197. The WTO says nothing about corruption. This paper uses qualitative and quantitative analysis to examine whether […]Read More →
Abouharb, M. Rodwan. 2012. “International Financial Institutions and Their Impacts on Human Rights: Current & Prospective Research.” In Thomas Cushman (Ed) Handbook of Human Rights. Pp 455-465. How can we be sure that the effects of World Bank and IMF structural adjustment worsen the human rights of citizens in developing countries? Another way of asking […]Read More →
Abouharb, M. Rodwan, and David Cingranelli. 2005. “When the World Bank Says Yes: Determinants of Structural Adjustment Lending,” In Gustav Ranis, James Raymond Vreeland, and Stephen Kosack (eds.) Globalization And The Nation State: The Impact of The IMF and The World Bank. Routledge. Pp 204-230. The World Bank along with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) […]Read More →
Abouharb, M. Rodwan, and David Cingranelli. 2004. “Human Rights and Structural Adjustment: The Importance of Selection,” in Sabine C. Carey and Steven C. Poe (eds.) Understanding Human Rights Violations: New Systematic Studies. Ashgate Publishing: Aldershot, England. Pp 127-146. The World Bank along with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) play a crucial role in determining how […]Read More →
- Abouharb, M. R.; Cingranelli, David; Filippov, Mikhail. 2019. “Too Many Cooks: Multiple International Principals Can Spoil the Quality of Governance.” Social Sciences. 8:5 139.
- Abouharb, M. Rodwan; Duchesne, Erick. 2019. “Economic Development and the World Bank.” Social Sciences. 8:5: 156.
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Strategic Shift to Forced Disappearance
- Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?
- The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade
- Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up?
- Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?
- Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones