Abouharb, M. Rodwan and Susan Aaronson. 2013. “Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?” World Trade Review. (October) 1-36. Members of the WTO use the system to improve governance among nations such as Russia that want to join this rules based system. Working parties comprised of other WTO member states closely monitor potential members, […]Read More →
Abouharb, M. Rodwan, and Susan Aaronson. 2013. “Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones.” Journal of World Trade. 47:5 1091–1128. Scholars and policymakers have long believed that the interdependence encouraged by trade relations encourages trust and peaceful relations. In this article, we examine the role of the GATT/WTO (and […]Read More →
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Strategic Shift to Forced Disappearance
- Do Non–Human Rights Regimes Undermine the Achievement of Economic and Social Rights?
- The WTO helps member states keep the peace only when it increases trade
- Does the WTO Help Member States Clean Up?
- Does the WTO Help Member States Improve Governance?
- Is More Trade Always Better? The WTO & Human Rights in Conflict Zones
- De Facto Judicial Independence and Physical Integrity Rights
- The Paradox of the WTO: Development, Good Governance and Human Rights